Friday, January 30, 2015

                                   Ben Carson
·    Born in the slums of Detroit, in deep poverty
·       His mother and father divorced
·       His mother came from a family of 24 children
·       His mother couldn’t read
·       His mother raised Ben and his brother, Curtis
·       Ben was the worst student in his grade school class
·       Ben becomes top student in his school
·       Ben becomes a world renowned doctor
                             A Choice: Poverty or Prosperity
“I hated poverty. Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty). It depends upon how hard I wanted to work, and I decided that I would change it.”

Reflection: I think it is amazing how much a person can accomplish when they really set their mind to it. He is a perfect example of the saying “If you really want something, nothing can stop you.” I think lots of people can really use his words they are correct and they show that you should never let anything stand in your way. No matter how hard something seems it is not impossible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment